Wednesday, April 3, 2013

C is for Calm

 
Although I know the written promises of the Bible that Father God will never leave or forsake me, when the circumstances of my life feel overwhelming I can find myself frantic. My mind whirls with details and possibilities and hindrances. At such times, I need to hear the words that Jesus spoke over the storm on the lake, "Peace, be still."  Or I need to hear the words of Psalm 4, "Be still and know that I am God."
 
Father God is never far from me, but I am only aware of that when I am calm enough to register His presence. Reading aloud and hearing those words can restore the calm I need to rest in Him, regain perspective, and hear again His still, small voice.
 
I bless you with the ability to calm your spirit and be still in the security of God's presence, no matter what your circumstances today.


3 comments:

  1. I'm like you, Joan. I get frantic and forget God's promise. I need to be reminded to be still and feel his comforting presence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just reading your posts is calming and relaxing and brings me into God's holy presence. Thanks, Joan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say the same think Pam did - it was calming just reading that post - thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete