Saturday, April 6, 2013

F is for Faithful


When I was confirmed in my faith by the denomination my family attended, I made a public confession and was made responsible for my own walk with Jesus. I desperately hoped for a call to missions and Africa was my young dream. But I felt no such call and the adults around me would not have encouraged such a call if I had.

Many, many years later I had the opportunity to take a short-term trip to Africa. I realized that I was never created for that beautiful continent. My tolerance for heat and for sun exposure is so low that I would have been a hinderance more than a help to spreading the heart of Jesus. But my Father had remembered and allowed me to visit the place of my dream.

Paul wrote to Timothy (2 Tim 2:13), "If we are faithless, He remains faithful, for He cannot deny Himself." Heavenly Father is the God who hears us. Even though my wish was never spoken out loud, was uninformed, naive, and eventually forgotten, Father never forgot because He is faithful even (or maybe especially) when we are not.

I bless you to remember today a way in which Father God was faithful to you.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I love how you got to visit Africa and how you realized that mission work there would not have been for you! God is faithful and always has our best interests at heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does, indeed, even when we don't yet see it from His perspective and recognize it.
      Thanks, Pam

      Delete
  2. Wonderful,Joan! God is so very loving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen. And He surrounds us with people, like you, that reflect that love so sweetly. Thanks, Pan.

      Delete
  3. So good! Maybe God placed Africa on your heart so that you would go and then come back and be able to strategically pray for Africa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and to love the people that I met there. I still carry them in my heart.

      Delete