Monday, April 29, 2013

Y is for Yearning


It seems that the more we experience the sweetness of God's presence, the more we want of it. But consider how much He yearns for fellowship with us. God -- Father, Son and Spirit -- so longed for restored companionship with us that they agreed to pay an enormous price to have it. Jesus came to re-introduce us to His Father and paid the price of a sinless life, the crucifiction and the resurrection so that our failings wouldn't disqualify us from being in their presence.

When I have disappointed myself in some way, I hesitate to seek Father's face. It's a learned reaction from life experiences. But He is watching like the father in Jesus' story, just yearning to work through whatever has shamed us, and work through it together. 

I bless you today to have increasing yearning for the presence of Father God. He has already paid the entry fee and is waiting for you in joyful expectation.

1 comment:

  1. Amen, Joan. This is absolutely true and beautiful. I have felt such a desire to be nearer still to the Lord, bathed in His presence, but I have had a difficult time just resting in Him when I am over committed and too busy. I appreciate your blessing.

    I am so glad I finally found your blog again from my list since I can't get there through your comments and I wasn't sure which one was yours. God bless, Maria from Delight Directed Living

    ReplyDelete