Friday, April 5, 2013

E is for Enjoy


Often I seek to draw closer to my Father God out of need, even desperation. I have a problem, a decision, a painful issue in my body or soul. Or I have come to Him out of duty as if He were an aging auntie from whom I hope to inherit. I really ought to pay attention to Him if I want to get anything from Him later.

We know from the story of the prodigal that Father delights to receive us however we come. At our worst He still rejoices when we turn to Him. But how much more delightful is our coming when we come just to enjoy being with Him, asking what's on His mind today, seeking to know how He sees the things around us?

I bless you today to enjoy your time with your Heavenly Father and to experience how much He enjoys being with you.

5 comments:

  1. Coming to the Father simply to take time to enjoy Him--Thanks for that...I need to do more of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have developed your voice, Joan. I can "hear" you speaking these words in your gentle, loving way. So encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good and rich - and I love the analogy to visitn your rich aunt - funny, but sad. Thank you dear one for sharing your wonderful gift with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandy. You are such an encouragement to me.

      Delete