Monday, April 22, 2013

S is for Seeking


There are many things that I have sought and never found. The back of the earring that fell into the neck of my blouse and vanished there, that recipe that uses the rest of the ricotta in the fridge, even my husband's great grandmother's ruby and pearl ring are a few. Some are more important to me than others, but none of them is a guaranteed find. Father God's presence is another story altogether.

If I am seeking Him, He promises me I will find Him. He says He is a rewarder of those who seek Him, and the reward is Himself. The more my hunger to be with Him, to experience Him grows, the surer I am that it will be satisfied, because the hunger itself came from His own heart.

This is not an occasional happening. The more I find Him, the hungrier I am to find Him more. So the search goes on and on, deeper and deeper into His written word, into His manifest presence, into corporate times of seeking. There is no end to Him, so there is no end to the search.

I bless you today to seek Him earnestly and to enjoy having Father find you.

6 comments:

  1. Each day you pack this huge nugget of truth inside the shell of a few words. What a gift, Joan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pam. Your gifts bless me as well. Isn't He good to us?

      Delete
  2. I needed this, thank you my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It blesses me to be able to bless you, Angie! I wish I could do more and more and more. Miss you so.

      Delete
  3. So encouraging -makes me want to try even harder and not give up, as I am wont to do...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may get tired, but you never give up. You follow Him so hard that you keep me in the race, too. What a joy that He has told us that He hears and answers. Love you.

      Delete