Monday, April 1, 2013

A to Z Challenge: A is for Adoration

 

Adoration speaks of appreciating the beauty, the vastness, the power and the tenderness of God toward His creation. Thinking of these things, for even a few moments, is like standing before a great work of art. I begin to notice details and connections that make me appreciate the artistry and complexity of the work, things not apparent if I look only casually in passing. If I pause and spend some time savoring the wonder and the artistry of God's works and the greatness of His love, I can't help but return that love to Him in adoration.  As I do, I am drawn in closer.

7 comments:

  1. I am following you for the challenge and enjoyed this post. Sue http://suestrifles.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Sue, for your encouraging words.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful Joan! I'm so glad you are taking part in the challenge!
    Brianna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brianna. I'm so encouraged by your example and your kindness.

      Delete
  3. Taking the time to savor God's artistry speaks volumes to my soul. Thanks for the reminder, Joan.

    ReplyDelete