Friday, April 19, 2013

Q is for Quiet


I am often frustrated in my search for a quiet place to spend time with my Father God, and I have heard many other people share the same frustration. The phone ringing, the dog panic-barking or my husband's sock searching may be noisy, but they really disrupt my time with Father when I let them steal my inner quiet.

There are days when I can investigate my dog's reason for alarm or answer the telephone without ever leaving Father's presence. Of course! He has promised to never leave or forsake us! So as long as I am quiet within, I can access His presence even as I go about dealing with interruption or even an emergency. How I long to be able to do that more consistently. Instead I am likely to bristle with annoyance and drive my inner quiet right out the window.

I'm so glad that Father has promised to continue to perfect and equip us. I can count on Him to teach me how to maintain that inner peace that can always draw on His presence no matter what the situation.

I bless you today to have the quiet you need -- inside and out -- to thrive in your Father's presence.

7 comments:

  1. I often feel like I have adult attention deficit disorder when I am trying to rest in the presence of Jesus. Like you, sometimes I can draw close again and other times I am off and running before I even realize it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I'm not alone in this. Thanks, Pam

      Delete
  2. Quiet is such an important part of inner peace. This is a lovely post you shared today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen, Joan. It is hard to get past the interruptions of our busy lives, but such a blessing to soak in His word and His presence as often as we can as we try to pray continually. Thanks for sharing your struggle. It belongs to us all. May you enjoy His peace throughout your day. God bless, Maria from Delight Directed Living

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maria, for your encouraging words. I look forward to enjoying your blog.

      Delete
  4. Thank you Joanie for allowing Father to speak through you and to my heart. May you be blessed always.

    ReplyDelete